6/27/13

Treating your Liver right!

The other week, I went to the Doctor for consultation on my occasional back pain and as SOP (pervert, lol - standard operation procedure) for check up, a patient must be given a BP (blood pressure) analysis. Mine, registered 130/100 - high blood!

The doctor asked me, if I have or any in my family that has a history of hypertension. Well not really, as far as I can remember only one of my uncles and my brother with the same issue.

The back pain I have originally come to be treated became a minor issue and for that, the doctor just prescribed me med for muscle cramps. The focus was reverted to high-blood and she advised to monitor my BP for five days.



Technically, my first day is 130/100, second day was 130/90. Third day was my best 120/80 but on the fourth, it went back to 130/90 then fifth day came with 130/80. It's positive you have a hypertension, the doctor said. She gave me amlodipine to be taken for a month and see how would it affects me. She also advised to undergo a general check-up to see if my liver is functioning well. She said, that my liver condition must have something to do with my hypertension.

After the result was handed, my liver activity is indeed in extreme high. The normal activity should be less than 45, mine is a whopping 119 - wtf. Ofcourse my cholesterol level also registered flying color (lol) with 4.31, normal is < 3.36 - bad cholesterol, she added. The rest of the tests were normal, even my blood sugar to think that I am more of a sweets person (lol), well thanks to my eccentric metabolism, lol.

After analyzing the result, the doctor explained to me (ofcourse, lol) - to make sure, she needs a graphical representation of what's inside (liver). So she advised me to take the following; whole abdomen to be scanned (ultrasound), another blood test (for crying-out-loud, this means another fasting, I've been doing this 3 times for nearly two weeks, just for these tests. In fact, if I die, it's because of starving. And can you imagine another blood will be taken from me? The next time, I'll show up the doctor the findings would be - I am anemic and not high blood, wtf) and Hepa profile (for Hepatitis, scary huh!).

As per the result of my ultrasound, it's looks normal to me - I mean, it's in English although my doctor have yet to examine it, I'll come back on Sunday for the reading (basa, lol).

Whoah, that was quite of an introduction eh, lol. Now, that I have this liver issue. I am now starting to change my diet. Prior to this, I don't really care for what I have eaten, I mean as long as it's delicious, it's a go for me. Like I can eat pork chop or fried chicken for all eternity, it doesn't really matter, lol.

I am googling (lol) liver booster foods. As you may know, liver is one of the busiest organ in our body. Matter of fact, it's responsible to performing more than 500 functions. Grand eh, yeah it is. Imagine with our modern lifestyle, the food we eat, the pollution and not to mention the stress. No wonder my liver activity is so high, just to make sure I'm cleanse, lol.

Poor liver condition will result to the following health issues. Arthritis, asthma (✓), chronic fatigue syndrome, cravings for sweets (✓), depression, environmental illness/multiple chemical sensitivities, fatigue, fibromyalgia, headaches and migraines, hepatitis, high blood pressure (✓), high cholesterol levels (✓), hypoglycemia, hormone imabalances, immune systems disorders (✓), irritable bowel syndrome, overweight or obesity, poor digestion, recurring nausea and/or vomiting, skin diseases, and ulcerative colitis and there are others ofcourse.

And because prevention is better than cure, so if you haven't taken a closer look on your diet. It's time to consider this. You can make your liver healthy by eating the right food and ofcourse exercise.

So what foods are these? Well you can eat foods from all the food groups: grains, protein, dairy, fruits, vegetables, and fats. Foods that have a lot of fiber such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, rice and cereals.

Carrots and beets are powerful liver cleansing and rebuilding foods. A heap of flaxseeds or you can sprinkle to your cereal, toast, salad or blends (flaxseeds filter excess hormones).

You may also consider herbs such as milk thistle, dandelion root, globe artichoke, turmeric, slipper elm, greater celandine, balmony, barberry, black root, blue fag, boldo, fringetree bark, vervain, and wahoo. These herbs help strengthen your liver.

Lecithin helps the liver metabolize fats and reduce cholesterol because of the substance called phosphatidylcholine that keeps liver healthy and prevent from building fatty deposits and it relax blood vessels allowing your blood to flow better. You can get Lecithin from organic soyfoods like soy milk, tofu, and miso, as well as organic eggs. 4000 mg of lecithin in capsule a day is advisable.

Take multivitamin and minerals to avoid deficiencies. 1000 to 2000 of Vitamin C daily even there's Vit C in your multivitamin, is prefered.

Your liver needs enough sulfur to perform the phase 2 detoxification, garlic, onions and broccoli contain sulfur. Avoid eating large meal for easy digestion.

Eat steamed vegetables, raw salad green, raw fruits, and bitter greens, especially bitter green it help cleanse the liver. Also eat whole, raw, unsalted nuts and seeds for essential fatty acids.

Avoid eating for at least 3 hours before bedtime to allow the liver adequate time during the night to perform its functions.

And obcourse limit yourself from alcohol. Alcohol destroy liver cells, absence of these cells will lead to building up fat in your liver.

Now, ready to Liverage?


Even falling leaves..
has its own story to tell, ikaw ano ang kwentong alamat mo?

1 comment:

  1. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.
    I'll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly.

    I'm quite sure I will learn a lot of new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the next!

    Also visit my blog :: smash Bandits Hack

    ReplyDelete